Date: 29 – 30 / 03 / 2017
Title of event/ presentation
Type of activity
Name of hosting organization
No. of people reached
2nd Dissemination Workshop
· Presentation of the RECDEV achieved project goals and activities
· Distribution of promotion materials
· Presentation of best practices and information from Greek WEEE system
· Discussions of legal requirements regarding consumer and recycler information
· Presentation of the final version of the 3D training platform for recycling of WEEE
· Results of piloting of the 3D training platform with Bianatt’s employees
· Presentation of results from all partners in the RECDEV project
· Presentation of the Waste Management Training for WEEE employees in the BIANATT company
Project partners participating on the dissemination activity
- Arvis Environmental Enterprises of Greece S.A. - Mr. Nikoloudis Christos, Mrs Anna Kokkali, Maria Papakonstantinou,
- University of Maribor – Mrs Katja Kocuvan
- Omega Technology – Mr. Theofanis Alexandridis, Mr. Nikolaos Papastamatiou,
- Mendel University – Dr. Bohdan Stejskal, Dr. Jana Kotovicová
- Hellenic Solid Waste Management Association – Prof. Konstantinos Aravossis
- National Centre of Sustainable Consumption & Production - DI Aida Szilagyi
Presentation of WEEE Companies from Greece
Presentation of pilot training with RECDEV platform for recycling of WEEE at BIANATT S.A.
Mr. Karamoutsos Spyridon Dionysios
Representative from the Bianatt S.A. (is a Greek company that depollutes and treats Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) participated in the Workshop and presented their activities with short PowerPoint presentation. Mr. Karamoutsos declared that they found the RECDEV training platform very useful and they are rather interested exploiting the platform in the future.
Discussions of current situation regarding WEEE collecting and recycling system in Greece
Mr. Charis Aggelakopoulos
Appliances Recycling S.A
Mr. Charis Aggelakopoulos, Technical Manager of Appliances Recycling S.A. (the official collective system that organises, operates and controls the collective system for the alternative management of the Waste of Electrical and Electronic Alternative Equipment (WEEE) in Greece), also participated in the Workshop and presented their activities with short PowerPoint presentation. The title of his presentation was “Discussions of current situation regarding WEEE collecting and recycling system in Greece”. Mr. Charis Aggelakopoulos, after being referred to the current situation about WEEE collecting, declared that they found the RECDEV training platform very useful tool for professional evaluation of workers before entering in the production line. He also mentioned that if the RECDEV training platform could include all electrical and electronic devices for disassembly, the Appliances Recycling S.A. would be interested to pay for it.
Presentation of the archived project goals and activities
Prof Konstantinos Aravossis
Hellenic Solid Waste Management Association
Prof Konstantinos Aravossis opened the discussions presenting the objectives of the workshop and the RECDEV project (achieved goals, specific objectives, partners, and activities), the works that has been undertaken so far and the completion of the project. Before the project presentation and introduction, each participant introduced themselves and the organisations they are representing. After Prof. Konstantinos Aravossis presentation, feedback and inputs of the participants was requested and a QA session took place.
Presentation of 3D training software for recycling of WEEE
Mr. Nikos Papastamatiou
Mr Papastamatiou presented the final version of the 3D training platform: the structure, the functionalities, the information and data provided and also described the technology used for the creation of the 3D training platform, highlighting the fact that the tool is a living platform which can be updated and adapted to the specific needs of different WEEE recycling operators. Mr. Papastamatiou performed a live demonstration of the prototype and its interface, explaining the interaction dynamic and possible additional learning features.
Presentation of the works that has been undertaken so far for the RECDEV project from ARVIS S.A.
Mr. Christos Nikoloudis
Arvis Environmental Enterprises of Greece S.A.
Mr. Christos Nikoloudis presented the activities of Arvis Environmental Enterprises of Greece SA, the Arvis’ obligations for the RECDEV project, the work packages (Project Management, Quality Assurance, Development of the training methodology and scenarios, Development and setup of the virtual environments, Pilot implementation and evaluation, Dissemination, Exploitation of results) and the deliverables (outputs / products / results). At the end of his presentation he reffered to the activities took place at Bianatt S.A.
Presentation of the works that has been undertaken so far for the RECDEV project from University of Maribor
Dr. Katja Kocuvan
Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering – University of Maribor
Dr. Katja Kocuvan presented the pilot implementation in Slovenia. In her presentation she mentioned the higher personnel/managers remarks:
- groups Materials and Dangerous substances are written very well,
- the Tool is suitable for those who meet the WEEE dismantling for the first time,
- the Tool should be able to be adopted to continuous changes in the area of WEEE.
And the employee's opinion:
- Very useful, especially for the beginners,
- useful to improve the knowledge,
- the disassembly of an appliance is very well shown,
- the tool is transparent, it is user friendly,
- it is translated into the national language
Finally she referred to disadvantages of the 3D Tool found:
- It is not mentioned which tool to use at the disassembly, it is only shown what an appliance is made of, but not actually how to disassemble it
- Information on protective equipment is missing
Presentation of the works that has been undertaken so far for the RECDEV project from NCSCP
DI Aida Szilagyi
National Centre of Sustainable Consumption & Production
DI Aida Szilagyi presented the works that has been undertaken so far for the RECDEV project from National Centre of Sustainable Consumption & Production (Romania):
} Dissemination and communication activities in Romania (Seminar Bucharest and visit to GreenWee Buzau: 20 – 21 May 2014, Training of EEE Producers and importers, members of ECOTIC, Presentation of the RECDEV tool, Discussions about the use of RECDEV tool by the EEE Producers and importers - The activity was supported by ECOTIC, First feedback regarding the RECDEV Tool
◦ Recycling methods of materials and components resulted from disassembling are not included,
◦ Information on value of components and materials would be appreciated
◦ Touchscreen support would be appreciated
◦ In this moment information looks stuffy, more simplified and summed up information is needed
} Technical activities
◦ Elaboration of the country report
◦ Translation of the training materials in RO
◦ 15 complete dismantling schemes and pictures
◦ Translations of text and instructions introduced in the software
◦ Piloting RECDEV
Presentation of the works that has been undertaken so far for the RECDEV project from Mendel University of BRNO
Dr. Bohdan Stejskal
Mendel University of BRNO
Dr. Bohdan Stejskal presented the works that has been undertaken so far for the RECDEV project from Mendel University of BRNO:
- Preparation of training scenarios: description of metals and hazardous parts (partly) of WEEE.
- Description of dismantling process: taking photos and detailed dismantling description of assigned WEEE.
- Testing of 3D tool pilot version: by MENDELU students of Waste Management subject.
- Testing of 3D tool final version and pilot training: by low-skilled workers and managers of Steelmet (WEEE dismantling workshop), ODAS (WEEE dismantling workshop) and Elektrowin (collective system).
At the end of his presentation he mentioned the main function problems from the 3D training tool and proposed solutions to improve it.
After the speaker’s presentation, the audience was invited to participate in an interactive session, address questions and express their opinions and needs related to the training needs and utility of the proposed 3D training platform.
During the discussion, all participants expresses various questions and discussed various issues regarding WEEE in EU as well as how the proposed training tool can help companies train their staff better and faster.