RECDEV project's objective is the development of ICT-based self and distance learning training courses familiarizing learners/users with the disassembly of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and the identification of types and qualities of materials embodied.
RECDEV project comes to offer the development of specialized training methodology and content for the disassembly of electric and electronic devices and the identification of the type and quality of materials found in these. The training material for the disassemblers will be developed in the form of scenarios for 3D environments allowing the users to learn of the geometry and parts of each different device, disassembling it to the virtual world with less text and more sound and animation instructions, before it performs it to the actual device. The training material for the higher level personnel will be offered also in 3D scenarios, but with the help of an ontology they will be able to access further information around the devices, the materials for recycling, how to identify the quality of different parts and their potential exploitation (who would buy them). The advantage of the RECDEV project is that the 3D training scenarios will be easily updated by non expert content authors who will be able with drag and drop parts to present different variations of the EEE devices, manufacturers' tips and other best practices. The project aims:
- To contribute to the development of quality lifelong learning and to promote high performance, innovation and a European dimension in systems and practices in the field
- To support the development of innovative ICT-based content, services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning
- To support participants in training and further training activities in the acquisition and the use of knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate personal development, employability and participation in the European labour market
- To support improvements in quality and innovation in vocational education and training systems, institutions and practices
- To facilitate the development of innovative practices in the field of vocational education and training other than at tertiary level, and their transfer, including from one participating country to others
- To promote an awareness of the importance of cultural and linguistic diversity within Europe, as well as of the need to combat racism, prejudice and xenophobia